• Perry
    • Svensson
    • Schneiderlin
    • Lallana
    • Holmes
    • McGoldrick
    • John
    • Dyer

Hmmmmm, not too good. Thought we did alright in the first half, and going in at the break, I thought we could come out and win it. However, Blackpool are one of those ****e teams that are good for the championship and lower leagues because they will just muscle teams like us out of it. Our players simply wern't strong enough. Look at Dyers size compared the guy he had to try and beat on the wing. Nearly every time just ran straight into him. Dissapointing.

Surely this was 99.9% predicatable ?

Yet we still went ahead and played the one trick, and got found out.

I usually enjoy your posts, but this is one of the silliest comments I've ever seen from you.

Guilty - but God he winds me up. Not a word following two wins but now everything is wrong and we're not up to it and yada yada yada.

Admit it, you've smacked your kids when you know it makes no difference to how they behave but for a second it was a release for you...

Won't happen again, I have a nice glass in my hand and am relaxed now... ;)

My personal ratings of Saints v Blackpool :

K Davis 7 - At least two top class saves and horribly exposed second half by the defence . An automatic 1st choice keeper .

L James 6 - Showing steady improvement , will become a good player before very long I expect .

M Svennson 6 - We all want to see the old killer but he's a mere mortal ATM I'm afraid . It may take a month or 3 to find his old form .

C Perry 6.5 - Solid reliable player , a one man defence at times late on .

A Surman 6 - Good 1st half but faded after the break (fitness?). Should play midfield ideally IMO .

M Schneiderlin 5.5 - Great prospect but looking like he needs a rest to me , over ambitious long range passing cost us possession .

S Gillett 5.5 - Dead keen , perhaps too keen at times he was a red card waiting to happen today . Partially responsible for the penalty .

J White 4.5 - Very inexperienced and it shows , it's an open question if he's yet really ready for the first team . Gave away penalty :( .

A Lallana 7 - A little star in the making , desperately unlucky not to score . If only he had a bigger body .

L Holmes 6.5 - Super 1st half but like others faded after the break . I like him .

D McGoldrick 7.5 MOTM - I've criticized him in the past but this was the best I've seen from him . Great effort and like Lallana very unlucky not to net .

Substitutes :

N Dyer 5 - Full of running with ample natural talent , but also will give away possession and won't track back ! - very frustrating player

S John 5.5 - Couple of half chances but not on long enough to show his true worth . Will he remain as 3rd choice striker ?

P Wotton 5 - Your typical CCC midfielder personified , not great not terrible just very average . What do you expect from a Plymouth Argyle free transfer ?

Summary :

I'd built my hopes up for a good win after recent results but we never really got on top of Blackpool at any stage , maybe the team have been reading their own rave reviews . This type of inconsistent performance is to be expected from a young team facing a very steep 'learning curve' and we will get more of this as the season progresses . This is the reason I feel we'll unlikely to trouble the play-off positions this season , in all honesty if you offered me 5th bottom now I'd have to take it .

I've 2 observations to make about the fans .

1 - The club (and the bank) will be desperately worried about a 15k 'gate' - that way lays administration .

2 - The small minority who booed the team at the final whistle should be ashamed of themselves IMO , these young lads gave their all today and they deserve better than that :mad:

Never despair although the best team won today we're not the worse team in this division and I reckon with a bit of luck we'll be alright .

PS , I don't read other fans opinions before posting my own , so if I'm way off in my ratings from what others have posted please just accept it as a genuine view (however wrong !) and not a re-hash of what everyone else says .

Never suggested we lump it as you put it but if the "pretty" football we all love does not work we have to look at alternatives in the way we hold the ball,the way we deliver to the front perhaps but playing "our way" at all costs is not always going to work,we need to be able to mix it up a bit and fwiw i would liked us to go two up front today when i became clear our one up strategy was not working,as to whether it would have worked we will never know but to carry on today in the way we did was dissappointing as the longer the game went on the less effective we became.

Trust me, nothing pretty about it today...

OK, we could have tried two up front but since we weren't holding the ball well and the passing was off piste, not sure it would have made a difference.

It didn't work for the last 15 miutes because Kelvin resorted to hitting it long.

Which from my vantage point was because the back and midfield weren't functioning properly.

Look, to me, football is a simple game. If you have the ball, the opposition don't. If you move into space and receive it, and then look up and give it, and then look for a player moving into a good space behind, you can beat anyone.

Today, our lads were off the boil. Nothing they tried seemed to work, so I personally don't believe anything would have worked.

Davy McG looked lacklustre and we just seemed, 'amiss'.

Admittedly, they started brightly and closed us down, but so have we been doing in previous matches and we didn't today. Just didn't fire.

If you want to know where I think that game was lost today, it was on the six inches between the ears...

But hey, had we put Stern up with McG, we might have nicked it...

A bit of a wake-up call. Credit to Blackpool who played very well in the second half (although somewhat cynically with some of the timewasting, but we wouldn't be complaining if we were in their position). If we'd taken one of the handful of pretty decent chances we created in the first half, we'd have probably won quite comfortably.

No complaints with the penalty decision from where I was sat, and also no real complaints with the final result. While the last week has seen two excellent performances and results, it's important to remember that it won't happen every game. We perhaps tried to be a bit *too* cute and nicey-nicey with our football, trying three passes when one would have been sufficient.

Blackpool looked like they had more energy in reserve, which is hardly surprising given they've had a week off, and they made the most of it. It was said that we made Derby and Birmingham look rubbish in our last two games, and in the second half Blackpool did the same to us. It happens, and we've now got two weeks to improve the fitness and stamina before our next game.

Guys, It doesn't matter if alpine is Hitler (although he does hang out in rural Austria :-k )

Half the *****ing that goes on from both sides would happen if you just respected his oppinion and didn't try and provoke reactions, no matter how much you disagree.

FFS, how hard is it to just talk about the football.

My personal ratings of Saints v Blackpool :

K Davis 7 - At least two top class saves and horribly exposed second half by the defence . An automatic 1st choice keeper .

L James 6 - Showing steady improvement , will become a good player before very long I expect .

M Svennson 6 - We all want to see the old killer but he's a mere mortal ATM I'm afraid . It may take a month or 3 to find his old form .

C Perry 6.5 - Solid reliable player , a one man defence at times late on .

A Surman 6 - Good 1st half but faded after the break (fitness?). Should play midfield ideally IMO .

M Schneiderlin 5.5 - Great prospect but looking like he needs a rest to me , over ambitious long range passing cost us possession .

S Gillett 5.5 - Dead keen , perhaps too keen at times he was a red card waiting to happen today . Partially responsible for the penalty .

J White 4.5 - Very inexperienced and it shows , it's an open question if he's yet really ready for the first team . Gave away penalty :( .

A Lallana 7 - A little star in the making , desperately unlucky not to score . If only he had a bigger body .

L Holmes 6.5 - Super 1st half but like others faded after the break . I like him .

D McGoldrick 7.5 MOTM - I've criticized him in the past but this was the best I've seen from him . Great effort and like Lallana very unlucky not to net .

Substitutes :

N Dyer 5 - Full of running with ample natural talent , but also will give away possession and won't track back ! - very frustrating player

S John 5.5 - Couple of half chances but not on long enough to show his true worth . Will he remain as 3rd choice striker ?

P Wotton 5 - Your typical CCC midfielder personified , not great not terrible just very average . What do you expect from a Plymouth Argyle free transfer ?

Summary :

I'd built my hopes up for a good win after recent results but we never really got on top of Blackpool at any stage , maybe the team have been reading their own rave reviews . This type of inconsistent performance is to be expected from a young team facing a very steep 'learning curve' and we will get more of this as the season progresses . This is the reason I feel we'll unlikely to trouble the play-off positions this season , in all honesty if you offered me 5th bottom now I'd have to take it .

I've 2 observations to make about the fans .

1 - The club (and the bank) will be desperately worried about a 15k 'gate' - that way lays administration .

2 - The small minority who booed the team at the final whistle should be ashamed of themselves IMO , these young lads gave their all today and they deserve better than that :mad:

Never despair although the best team won today we're not the worse team in this division and I reckon with a bit of luck we'll be alright .

PS , I don't read other fans opinions before posting my own , so if I'm way off in my ratings from what others have posted please just accept it as a genuine view (however wrong !) and not a re-hash of what everyone else says .

I'd agree with almost all of this, but I would hope that as the season goes on we'll get less and less of this kind of performance - because I hope that this lot are still able to learn from their mistakes, unlike a team of players in their advancing years.

Someone either here or on another thread hopes that White gets over giving away the penalty and then being substituted; there has been some criticism of the substitutions, too. FWIW, I don't think it was a bad thing subbing White - he may have been in too poor a mental state to carry on playing, and he wasn't contributing that much, anyway.

And although I have criticized the referee today, I don't think that we lost because of poor refereeing. I think that the players' reactions to poor refereeing might have been a significant contributing factor, though. They have to get used to it, end of. Their heads didn't necessarily go down - but they certainly stopped thinking straight.

Guys, It doesn't matter if alpine is Hitler (although he does hang out in rural Austria :-k )

Half the *****ing that goes on from both sides would happen if you just respected his oppinion and didn't try and provoke reactions, no matter how much you disagree.

FFS, how hard is it to just talk about the football.

All I dared do was post my reaction to the result and manner-of-performance (a reasonable post, I thought), and the usual suspects were off on one about it. I get accused of only posting after a defeat (a blatant lie), yet I reckon they are lying-in-wait for my post following a defeat....

It all descends from that, really. And I get advised by somebody (albeit someone I have a modicum of respect for) about my "aggression"...

You couldnt make it up...

All I dared do was post my reaction to the result and manner-of-performance (a reasonable post, I thought), and the usual suspects were off on one about it. I get accused of only posting after a defeat (a blatant lie), yet I reckon they are lying-in-wait for my post following a defeat....

It all descends from that, really. And I get advised by somebody (albeit someone I have a modicum of respect for) about my "aggression"...

Unfortunately on here you have to realise that to criticise the Saints (as much as we all love them) is heresy.

Svensson is struggling seen him several times this year now and he is not up the pace and is hardly winning a header all game - every game. I know every one loves him and has an emotional attachment but really I don't know if the comeback is going to work out. Today he was a liability and not for the first time!

Unfortunately on here you have to realise that to criticise the Saints (as much as we all love them) is heresy.

Well, I for one reckon that the attempted prevention of criticism does the team as much harm as the booing which certain individuals are venting their spleen over this evening.

Not much I can add to what from what has already been posted in various threads. At times we were playing at too much of a high tempo when slowing it down a tad may have helped a bit.

There were a few occasions when we were on the attack, that a player held on to the ball for too long and ran in to a brick wall instead of looking to pass to someone else.

Those that go to the matches don't make it up!

Guest Hacienda

Those who have seen the game can criticise to their hearts content.

Those who haven't seen it are hardly in a position to do so.

Well, I for one reckon that the attempted prevention of criticism does the team as much harm as the booing which certain individuals are venting their spleen over this evening.

I've criticised the team today, as have plenty of others. But there are ways to do it without winding up fellow posters (and that's aimed at various people, not just you).

It would be nice if we could centre discussion on the subject and not the opinion makers... and if someone does wind you up, ignore it.

Talking in the car on the way home, IMO Blackpool did their home work came down with a game plan. Get in our faces for the first 15 - 20 mins and stop us playing our passing game, it worked and we did not have an answer to it. I think we need someone a bit older and wiser in midfield and with a bit about him for matches like this. We have to get used to it a lot of teams will do the same.

The older , wiser midfielder you are calling for Toomer can now be found playing for Qatar Sports Club in the gulf - doubtless being paid a lot more than he was here :(

The older , wiser midfielder you are calling for Toomer can now be found playing for Qatar Sports Club in the gulf - doubtless being paid a lot more than he was here :(

I disagree.

We had this problem many times last season with Safri in the team. Don't forget he was ever present when we lost 4-1, 5-1, 5-0 and 5-0 to Palace, PNE, Wednesday and Hull respectively.

The older wiser midfielder we are missing hasn't been here since Marsden or, dare I say it, McQ left IMO.

Criticism is fine, but it should be balanced, considered and based on fact not hearsay.

If anyone wants to criticise players tonight I am sure the players themselves would not disagree - they're not idiots and the manager has already put his hands up.

Today we were not in it. We looked poor. It happens.

If it happens REGULARLY then we have an issue. But I am sure even Alex Fegurson hasn't hit the panic button yet this season.

To extrapolate from today that the manager has no Plan B based on (in my opinion) the only game where we have been truly below standard this season is just silly and sensationalist - it's the kind of crap that I rile against.

If you are building a wall and lay three bricks badly, does that make you a bad builder? Or a builder who makes a mistake once in a while?

And if you spot you laid them poorly and work to improve?? What does that make you??

A young team have played six competitive games together. They've won three and lost three. In each, until today, there had been improvements and in some, football of the highest calibre.

In each, the players had played with confidence and trying to play the way we all (unless you are Howard Wilkinson) like to see football played.

NEVER to my eyes have any of the lads shirked a challenge or hidden. Until today (and even then at a stretch) they put in a good shift and worked well as a team.

On that basis, and a considered view that we might be learning and building, Alpine leaps in that this is an approach akin to burying our head in the sand?? Whay? Because we simply have more patience?

People who have seen and witnessed years of crud dressed up as entertainment??

This, Alpine, is what annoys those among us who agreed with you about Burley.

You don't seem to have changed tune, and yet the DJ is spiining totally different tracks, from a different deck, with better sounds and from a restricted library of music.

You claim that we're seeing recurring patterns??

How can you make such claims - honestly, answer me?

We know we lost three games - Cardiff, Brum and Blackpool today. But how can you lecture us about the manner of defeats when many of us have watched them and can see that the things you claim are not correct. And when we try to correct you (from a position of knowledge - even if our opinions are wrong) you cry foul??

I KNOW that a 15k crowd is worrying. So what I do is bring my daughter today and pick up someone else (who I met for the first time this morning) on route!!!

If you cannot go, you cannot, fair enough. I have no issue with that. I have a HUGE issue with you not going and then telling me what happened and why... I'm sure you will see the nonsense here??

My prediction of a hard physical match and us losing by a single goal, was unfortunately spot on. BTW some canny psychology by the Pool manager, bigging us up before the match. I reckon some of our players fell for it and they have a few lessons to learn.

Sending an SOS to Glenn.

Svensson is struggling seen him several times this year now and he is not up the pace and is hardly winning a header all game - every game. I know every one loves him and has an emotional attachment but really I don't know if the comeback is going to work out. Today he was a liability and not for the first time!

:confused: I think he has won plenty of headers since he has came back from injury.

Just a handful of pictures of Svensson winning headers for you

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10488

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10421&cp=10

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10338&cp=8

Yeah, because the notion that people who did not attend have no right to post a reaction to the result and the performance is complete nonsense.

Perhaps if you contributed an 'informed' opinion or reaction and stated the source of your information people might actually take you seriously. Perhaps also, if you stopped continually whining to the Mods about people 'baiting' you, other posters may also take time to debate some of your issues.

When you make statements to the effect that you have a more valid opinion than those that were present, (or something along those lines - and no I can't be assed to go back and look) then I feel you leave yourself open to severe criticism. Poke your head over the parapit and it will get blown off.

Personally I feel sorry for you - you remind me of the spoiled kid in the playground whose father bought him all the toys - but he had no friends. You said in an earlier thread that you thought people were 'lying in wait' for you to post - you're correct, thats me. But I rarely respond to your input - just sit here laughing.

Ohhh and before you get on over to Arizona with this, this is not baiting - just an honest, open and forthright opinion.

I disagree.

We had this problem many times last season with Safri in the team. Don't forget he was ever present when we lost 4-1, 5-1, 5-0 and 5-0 to Palace, PNE, Wednesday and Hull respectively.

The older wiser midfielder we are missing hasn't been here since Marsden or, dare I say it, McQ left IMO.

Alright then , not really much point wasting energy arguing about a player who's left and won't be coming back . Can I take it you were as disappointed as I was when you learnt that Jermaine wasn't playing ;)

Alright then , not really much point wasting energy arguing about a player who's left and won't be coming back . Can I take it you were as disappointed as I was when you learnt that Jermaine wasn't playing ;)

Wright ... I don't know.

On the one hand I think he is a poor midfielder who is only getting fatter and slower. On a good day Gillett, Lallana and and Spiderman would have run rings around him. On the other, he would probably have scored.

I guess Blackpool didn't play him as he doesn't really fit the physical approach they took to they game, assuming he wasn't injured.

Ohhh and before you get on over to Arizona with this, this is not baiting - just an honest, open and forthright opinion.

I haven't had any correspondance from alpine all evening. I'm not taking sides in this pointless debate.

If you think alpine's oppinion is invalid because he wasn't there then fine, keep it to yourself and ignore his posts. I am sure everyone else is intelligent enough to figure this out for themself if they find issue with it. It's not rocket salad. We don't need be told about it on an endless loop.

Can all of you please STFU on this issue. Next person to refer to alpine, or vice versa will be infracted.

How about the way we lost against Cardiff and Brum after starting brightly and then being bullied out of the game ?

It is NOT a one-off. It is a developing trend.

Birmingham game (1st) was not starting brightly and bullied etc, we were well on top for about 50 mins -bit more than just the start, then it was one of those situation when a game is changed in a minute -we nearly score only for them to go down the other end and score. They bought on subs of a quality that no other side can and were on top - not over running us -but on top for the next half hour or so. Wasn't really bullied more sustained pressure from a quality side after they scored, as often happens.

The teams working us out is bit undermined by the fact that the second time we played Bham they put a very good side out and we beat them easily.

Definitely the worst performance I have seen so far and for me the penalty was a metaphor for the rest the game - ill disciplined. The defence was too often a mess because the midfield were so intent on getting forward that they completely disregarded their defensive responsibilities. Gillett was as busy as always but gave he ball away far too often and I was left with the feeling - especially in the second half - that today's game , as the third in eight days, was one game too many him and some of the others. I think that the best way to look at today is that it was a sharp reminder that this division contains teams like Blackpool with big men who can play a bit and that they are just going to have to learn how to cope with it.

I haven't had any correspondance from alpine all evening. I'm not taking sides in this pointless debate.

If you think alpine's oppinion is invalid because he wasn't there then fine, keep it to yourself and ignore his posts. I am sure everyone else is intelligent enough to figure this out for themself if they find issue with it. It's not rocket salad. We don't need be told about it on an endless loop.

Can all of you please STFU on this issue. Next person to refer to alpine, or vice versa will be infracted.

Apologies - perhaps I should not have singled you out as the 'Chief amongst Moderators'. My point about his endless complaining was valid though.

I choose not to ignore posts that quote my own, and I am only willing to pay £2.50 if I have to put Alpine on ignore...! ;) Fear not Arizona - AS and I will duel - but I will keep it within the Queensbury Rules. Unless of course he has some knuckledusters hidden away - in which case it could get messy.

I just never learn, do I? First time in ages I'm feeling optimistic about a game we can win, and it's on the telly to let the world see how good we are.... It's like Groundhog Day, over and over again through the decades, and yet I never learn. Oh well, it was still quite entertaining. I'm not unduly worried about things, but I thought I would add my five ha'peth on today's game. 1, Kelvin might have made some good saves, but surely corners into the six-yard box HAVE to be the keepers. 2, I know it's heresy to say it, but Killer looked scarily slow and off the pace. 3, It was clear that our little lads were sh@gged - it was very hot out there and they looked physically and mentally drained at times. 4, Dyer is still useless. 5, The ref was an @rse. He may have got the penalty right but he was fussy, pedantic and totally lacking in urgency. It's down to the ref, not the opposition, to ensure they get a move on and not once did he seem worried, especially when it took over 5 minutes to get Hammill off and the subs on. He was stood there chatting to the Blackpool players as everyone waited for instruction. 6, It justed wasn't our day

Criticism is fine, but it should be balanced, considered and based on fact not hearsay.

If anyone wants to criticise players tonight I am sure the players themselves would not disagree - they're not idiots and the manager has already put his hands up.

Today we were not in it. We looked poor. It happens.

If it happens REGULARLY then we have an issue. But I am sure even Alex Fegurson hasn't hit the panic button yet this season.

To extrapolate from today that the manager has no Plan B based on (in my opinion) the only game where we have been truly below standard this season is just silly and sensationalist - it's the kind of crap that I rile against.

If you are building a wall and lay three bricks badly, does that make you a bad builder? Or a builder who makes a mistake once in a while?

And if you spot you laid them poorly and work to improve?? What does that make you??

A young team have played six competitive games together. They've won three and lost three. In each, until today, there had been improvements and in some, football of the highest calibre.

In each, the players had played with confidence and trying to play the way we all (unless you are Howard Wilkinson) like to see football played.

NEVER to my eyes have any of the lads shirked a challenge or hidden. Until today (and even then at a stretch) they put in a good shift and worked well as a team.

On that basis, and a considered view that we might be learning and building, Alpine leaps in that this is an approach akin to burying our head in the sand?? Whay? Because we simply have more patience?

People who have seen and witnessed years of crud dressed up as entertainment??

This, Alpine, is what annoys those among us who agreed with you about Burley.

You don't seem to have changed tune, and yet the DJ is spiining totally different tracks, from a different deck, with better sounds and from a restricted library of music.

You claim that we're seeing recurring patterns??

How can you make such claims - honestly, answer me?

We know we lost three games - Cardiff, Brum and Blackpool today. But how can you lecture us about the manner of defeats when many of us have watched them and can see that the things you claim are not correct. And when we try to correct you (from a position of knowledge - even if our opinions are wrong) you cry foul??

I KNOW that a 15k crowd is worrying. So what I do is bring my daughter today and pick up someone else (who I met for the first time this morning) on route!!!

If you cannot go, you cannot, fair enough. I have no issue with that. I have a HUGE issue with you not going and then telling me what happened and why... I'm sure you will see the nonsense here??

No, I dont see it. My reactions to a match are are based on :

the result

the comments made by fellow posters on here

the reports in the media, if there are some available by the time I post.

Radio coverage when I can get it.

My recurring message since the start of this season is that the team has too many inexperienced kids, is too lightweight, will suffer at the hands of big clunking well-drilled old lags from other CCC teams, and that the new management have no Plan B to conteract that when the team gets found out and the balance of play sways against them.

Oh, and by-the-way, I posted congratulations after Derby and Carling Cup against Brum, and said that I was willing to the see the JP experiment played out to its conclusion. Something you, nickh and derry either did not notice or deliberately ignored.

You have taken exception to my opinion after EVERY match.

Well, please do tell, but why are there large amount of comments this evening about "no Plan B" suddenly ? Is it because people who attend are starting to realise it too ?

The point I am trying to make is this : the opinion I give about a match after examining the available information away from the emotional cauldron of the game itself, is not necessarily incorrect just because I wasnt there, and the fact so many comments are being made about "no Plan B" now is testimony to that. I actually take time to consider the comments made through these media before commenting.

Cant you understand that ??????

Do you even know what the "Plan B" issue some of us are commenting on even refers to ?

Its not the team line-up

Its not the formation

Its not the quality of play.

Its not who is in the Directors Box with their nose in the trough

Its the ability of the current manager to change things when the game starts to swing away from us, with the resources available to him on the bench. There is developing evidence that teams that do their homework on us will f**k us right over

You say I havent changed my tune; that is bolllox. It's a new manger and a new team and a new board, and though the problems are different, the result is the same - the team isnt cutting it (yet? who knows ?). I do not see why criticism of the previous regime automatically excludes me from criticism of the current one.

Hell, maybe I havent changed my tune in one respect; Burley was shiiite at changing things during a game when they went tits-up too (though in fairness to JP, he has a lot less to work with)

No, I dont see it. My reactions to a match are are based on :

the result

the comments made by fellow posters on here

the reports in the media, if there are some available by the time I post.

Radio coverage when I can get it.

My recurring message since the start of this season is that the team has too many inexperienced kids, is too lightweight, will suffer at the hands of big clunking well-drilled old lags from other CCC teams, and that the new management have no Plan B to conteract that when the team gets found out and the balance of play sways against them.

Oh, and by-the-way, I posted congratulations after Derby and Carling Cup against Brum, and said that I was willing to the see the JP experiment played out to its conclusion. Something you, nickh and derry either did not notice or deliberately ignored.

You have taken exception to my opinion after EVERY match.

Well, please do tell, but why are there large amount of comments this evening about "no Plan B" suddenly ? Is it because people who attend are starting to realise it too ?

The point I am trying to make is this : the opinion I give about a match after examining the available information away from the emotional cauldron of the game itself, is not necessarily incorrect just because I wasnt there, and the fact so many comments are being made about "no Plan B" now is testimony to that. I actually take time to consider the comments made through these media before commenting.

Cant you understand that ??????

Do you even know what the "Plan B" issue some of us are commenting on even refers to ?

Its not the team line-up

Its not the formation

Its not the quality of play.

Its not who is in the Directors Box with their nose in the trough

Its the ability of the current manager to change things when the game starts to swing away from us, with the resources available to him on the bench. There is developing evidence that teams that do their homework on us will f**k us right over

You say I havent changed my tune; that is bolllox. It's a new manger and a new team and a new board, and though the problems are different, the result is the same - the team isnt cutting it (yet? who knows ?). I do not see why criticism of the previous regime automatically excludes me from criticism of the current one.

Hell, maybe I havent changed my tune in one respect; Burley was shiiite at changing things during a game when they went tits-up too (though in fairness to JP, he has a lot less to work with)

Which is the point.

Neither today (nor against Birmingham) were we bullied by clunking big opponents.

Your analysis is plain wrong.

Which is the point.

Neither today (nor against Birmingham) were we bullied by clunking big opponents.

Your analysis is plain wrong.

Well, I am sorry, LGSC, you comments that we just "had a bad game" are completely out-of-sync with most I have read on here. There have been plenty of comments along the lines of "Killer couldnt handle the physicality of Burgess", or "Blackpool stopped us playing".

Why can you not accept that others havent seen the game the same as you ?

So I hope you will understand that I rebuff your comments that my "analysis" is wrong (though I reckon we are making progress now you accept that I do "analyse" the game)

We lost our grip on the Cardiff game, the Birmingham game, and now the Blackpool game. OK, we beat Derby, but they are truly a bag of shiite at the moment.

IMO 95% of the teams are going to be like Blackpool,big,strong,well organised and do things either route one or the simple things well and wear the opposition down.

This is playing to their strengths.

Wheresas the likes of Birmingham,Reading,Wolves and Sheff UTD will play a more open and expansive game,which will suit us more.

Unfortunately it's the 95% i am worried about,we are going to have to learn fast.

For all the pretty stuff,it dosen't win games if you don't put it in the old onion bag.

Some of the build up play today,at time was lovely to watch,but you just knew when we got in and around the 18 yard box not one was going to pull the trigger without taking an extra touch or pass.

Extremely dissapointed at the result and display over the whole 90 mins,but hey most on here had found a new lease of optimism over the last week or so,that should not diminish because of this one display and result.

My glass still remains half full.

All IMO.

alpine in "didn't see game, but thinks we played big clunking opponents even when we didn't" non-shock.

alpine will make up whatever he wants to make it nice and easy for him to criticize things that aren't actually happening. He then thinks we should listen to him. It is utterly laughable. He doesn't know a jot about football, but yet he thinks he is the authority on it. I'll tell him one thing, AT GAMES over the past few years I have met plenty of people who I have disagreed with. But we've had a chat, and you know that the person was there, saw what happened, and came to his/her conclusions. No-one has been 'right' 100% of the time.

But alpine, who never goes, and doesn't know what a football pitch looks like, thinks he is right all of the time. And he dared to call people who went to away games "morons". Let us not forget the character we are dealing with.

alpine in "didn't see game, but thinks we played big clunking opponents even when we didn't" non-shock.

alpine will make up whatever he wants to make it nice and easy for him to criticize things that aren't actually happening. He then thinks we should listen to him. It is utterly laughable. He doesn't know a jot about football, but yet he thinks he is the authority on it. I'll tell him one thing, AT GAMES over the past few years I have met plenty of people who I have disagreed with. But we've had a chat, and you know that the person was there, saw what happened, and came to his/her conclusions. No-one has been 'right' 100% of the time.

But alpine, who never goes, and doesn't know what a football pitch looks like, thinks he is right all of the time. And he dared to call people who went to away games "morons". Let us not forget the character we are dealing with.

Wow, another example of playing the man and not the ball from Bungle...

Well, I am sorry, LGSC, you comments that we just "had a bad game" are completely out-of-sync with most I have read on here. There have been plenty of comments along the lines of "Killer couldnt handle the physicality of Burgess", or "Blackpool stopped us playing".

Why can you not accept that others havent seen the game the same as you ?

So I hope you will understand that I rebuff your comments that my "analysis" is wrong (though I reckon we are making progress now you accept that I do "analyse" the game)

We lost our grip on the Cardiff game, the Birmingham game, and now the Blackpool game. OK, we beat Derby, but they are truly a bag of shiite at the moment.

Err, I have accepted that ALL the players had a poor game today.

Why single out Killer??

People are judging him based on five year old evidence. Well guess what? Kylie ain't the 20-year old girl next door any more...

But you're still wrong. ;)

We were not bullied in any of the games I've seen - nor would most say the same.

Analysis of Cardiff - I saw as much as you- so NEITHER of us knows why we lost, but when I watched on TV I saw a kid give away a silly free-kick on 89 minutes gifting them a goal. Would you not agree had he not done that it would have been 1-1??

Birmingham we bossed for 50 minutes and then missed a sitter which would have taken us to 2-0. They went up the other end scored and then confidence rose among a team who are not physically better than us but contained players of the calibre of SKP who simply played better than us (albeit not by much). I do not believe there is a substitution in the world or tactical change in the world that would have altered that result given the team we have at our disposal. But perhaps you're right. JP should have bought Skacel on...

Oh we then beat Derby - because they were no good.??..hmmm... funny that the defeats are our fault but the victories the opposition's??

Presumably this was also the case when JP stuck to his style of play and tactics to beat Exeter away and Birmingham at home??

The 'kids' are not too lightweight.

And tell me this?

If every time one of them makes a mistake they are hauled off or they don't appear to be working together well, what do you expect them to learn about playing football??

Yes Blackpool stopped us playing; because they WORKED harded than we did and still played football - some good, some bad. Like ours.

The standards you are setting are too high for a team at this stage of its development. 99% of posters on here see progression and improvement.

What do you expect?

We have played 6 games and won 3 - that means at the very worst the manager is getting it right 50% of the time. What win ratio should we be aiming for?? Given that he has just exceeded every manager of our club in the post war era?

We lost because Jamie White jumped in and clipped the attacker out at the edge of the penalty area. The penalty beat us, nothing else. The score was 0-1 FFS.

We weren't as good as the previous games, however we weren't that bad. I still enjoyed the game but not the result. That's more than I can say about the dross of most of last seasons games.

JP isn't going to change his approach, he is going to try and get the team to be better and more combative. Plan B is just another meaningless buzzword. He made 3 substitutions and positional changes.

The team don't play 4-2-1-2-1, they play a whole load of combinations from 2-8 to 9-1 it just depends where the passing and the other teams play takes them. At one stage today McGoldrick tracked back and won a tackle in the right back position, not after a set piece.

We lost because Jamie White jumped in and clipped the attacker out at the edge of the penalty area. The penalty beat us, nothing else. The score was 0-1 FFS.

We weren't as good as the previous games, however we weren't that bad. I still enjoyed the game but not the result. That's more than I can say about the dross of most of last seasons games.

JP isn't going to change his approach, he is going to try and get the team to be better and more combative. Plan B is just another meaningless buzzword. He made 3 substitutions and positional changes.

The team don't play 4-2-1-2-1, they play a whole load of combinations from 2-8 to 9-1 it just depends where the passing and the other teams play takes them. At one stage today McGoldrick tracked back and won a tackle in the right back position, not after a set piece.

A bloody good tackle too - I was really proud of that! It showed me that even when the chips are down the lads do want to work for one another!

I really think the players didn't perform today. They did a lot of the hard work going forward and got it into good positions but didn't take those opportunities. I know its a cliche but they tried to walk it into the net and you cant do that against a very organised defence. Needed the guys to take more of a punt from around 18 yards like Holmes against Birmingham.

The defence was just appalling today and i'm not quite sure why. Seemes Blackpool attackers just had so much room around our box which was the complete opposite to our experience at their end. They closed us down and made it difficult.

I dont think we were too far away but our players did seem to lack that little bit of experience for grinding out results against a stubborn team.

I really think the players didn't perform today. They did a lot of the hard work going forward and got it into good positions but didn't take those opportunities. I know its a cliche but they tried to walk it into the net and you cant do that against a very organised defence. Needed the guys to take more of a punt from around 18 yards like Holmes against Birmingham.

The defence was just appalling today and i'm not quite sure why. Seemes Blackpool attackers just had so much room around our box which was the complete opposite to our experience at their end. They closed us down and made it difficult.

I dont think we were too far away but our players did seem to lack that little bit of experience for grinding out results against a stubborn team.

I don't think this team is going to grind out results. I think they will win games and use possession to stop being pressured. The passing game wasn't as good today and Burgess had a very good game. His flick ons caused problems, and Blackpool attacked at pace on the break.

Saints had a good deal of possession but the problem for me was they weren't winning the ball back,as they weren't pressurising Blackpool with the same intensity as v Birmingham,thereby allowing Blackpool room to get at our defence.

I don't think this team is going to grind out results. I think they will win games and use possession to stop being pressured. The passing game wasn't as good today and Burgess had a very good game. His flick ons caused problems, and Blackpool attacked at pace on the break.

Saints had a good deal of possession but the problem for me was they weren't winning the ball back,as they weren't pressurising Blackpool with the same intensity as v Birmingham,thereby allowing Blackpool room to get at our defence.

On another thred Wes has put this down to tiredness and so has the manager. And certainly at times we looked 'sloppy'. For my money, we were 'buzzing' in both Brum games and at Derby and missed that today by some margin.

On another thred Wes has put this down to tiredness and so has the manager. And certainly at times we looked 'sloppy'. For my money, we were 'buzzing' in both Brum games and at Derby and missed that today by some margin.

Easy to talk football isn't it , when you've seen the game?

You sir, cannot comment on HOW we played and what we NEED to do if you do not SEE what happens??

We have had this argument before.

People who were in Camden High Street last night will not be called as witnesses to a crime committed in Worthing because they 'heard about it'.

FWIW, a PLAN B would have been as much use today as a jellyfish in a tennis match because of one simple fact.

We played CRAP.

So go and open a nice chilled Chablis and give yourself a round of applause. Today for once you are right. We were poor.

Congratufeckinglations.

Says who? You? LOL!!!! Some of you lot need to seriously climb out of your own arses, Everyone is ENTITLED to an opinion, not everybody has to agree with it, but all are entitled just the same. This is a message board, but some posters on here are seriously in need of help. Sod paying a fiver for this ****e. I'll stick to 3 posts a day. :smt076