Iphone 3gs

Thedelldays

right...got one.

it wont sync my itunes music to the phone...just says disk cannot be written from or too...it syncs apps etc...

???

I'm assuming that is because you have an ipod already 'synced'...

Itunes will only allow one ipod / iphone at a time, so you will need to un-sync one before the other can be synced - search google for how to do this...

I'm assuming that is because you have an ipod already 'synced'...

Itunes will only allow one ipod / iphone at a time, so you will need to un-sync one before the other can be synced - search google for how to do this...

TOTALLY wrong. This is the sort of reason that some other ill-informed people end up with an opinion of how 'rubbish' iTunes is. I have four iPods/iPhones synched with one of my libraries.

: r o l l :

Delldays - is it not synching ANY songs whatsoever? Or is it just some songs? If it's just some songs, the device will need authorising to play them if they're iTunes purchased songs. Easy to do.

If it's all songs that are not synching, then it's most likely that you aren't running the latest iTunes software (v8.2) which is needed for iPhone OS 3.0.

Try that first, but let me know if you still have problems.

TOTALLY wrong. This is the sort of reason that some other ill-informed people end up with an opinion of how 'rubbish' iTunes is. I have four iPods/iPhones synched with one of my libraries.

Thank **** for that.

If it's all songs that are not synching, then it's most likely that you aren't running the latest iTunes software (v8.2) which is needed for iPhone OS 3.0.

Itunes would prompt for an update as soon as it was launched AND also if you attach an os3 iPhone to it, whether he's turned off notification of updates off or not.

Itunes would prompt for an update as soon as it was launched AND also if you attach an os3 iPhone to it, whether he's turned off notification of updates off or not.

I guess it's possible that he said no to the update? Need further info from Delldays.

: r o l l :

Delldays - is it not synching ANY songs whatsoever? Or is it just some songs? If it's just some songs, the device will need authorising to play them if they're iTunes purchased songs. Easy to do.

Try that first, but let me know if you still have problems.

cheers

it was the update to 8.2...have done it and my Itunes music is now 'syncing'...

the phone is fanstatic, so easy to use and has everything in your hand that you may need..

cheers all

ASS - Yes, each iPod/iPhone will only sync with one iTunes library at a time. This would, indeed, stop the content being copied to various machines; but if you allow the iPod to be used as a HDD, then you can copy any files, documents or yourentire iTunes Music folder and rewrite it to any machine (Mac to Mac, or Windows to Windows only though; depending on how the iPod is formatted).

Delldays - it is iPhone, not Iphone; 3GS, not 3gS; and iTunes, not Itunes. You are an iPhone owner now, so you must spell the products correctly and sneer at those who spell them wrong. Fortunately, your iPhone will auto-correct them for you until you get the hang of it.

Baj - *s*******

My new iPhone is now crashing my PC just like the old one did, super. Just the 29Gb of space to fill and no way to sync !

Anyone found anything about drivers (I think its either the Avira AV software or some random camera drivers I may have added) which cause a blue screen whenever I plug the iPhone USB in ?

The bluescreen is usually JUST after my laptop displays "found new hardware - Still Camera" in the system tray.

Doesn't make any difference if I have iTunes running or not, or if the phone has already been detected and is starting to sync, it will just crash the laptop when it catches up with the various other processes it hasn't done.

The only way I've found to avoid it crashing the laptop when the USB is connected to the iPhone is uninstalling AppleMobilDeviceSupport which allows me to use the iPhone as a camera via Explorer but then of course won't recognise the iPhone in iTunes cos there's no handshaking drivers.

For some reason it seems to work fine the first time I use iTunes with a new device, then it goes to poo after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Love my iPhone to bits. Especially with the latest upgrade (it saves so much time when you get a funny joke you want to pass on to all your mates!)

Makes it easy to keep up with all the latest at SMS too :D

Simples:cool: