iTunes

I had a problem a few upgrades ago and had to go back a stage, wait a few weeks then upgrade. That sorted it out. As such, I always wait a couple of months before taking the next upgrade. Have you recently stepped up to iTunes 8.0?

On that note, I'm a bit bothered about immediately upgrading to OS 3.0 on the iPhone. Not least of all because I have to manually change some settings to keep my free 'net bolt on (Simplicity sim) but mostly because a lot of Apple upgrades seem to be flawed and buggy on initial release. I think I'll hold off for a few weeks and let everyone else have the problems first.

Last time I updated iTunes I lost all my music. That was a couple of years ago now and I've been scared to upgrade again since.

Also, I have a strange problem that when I close iTunes music carries on playing. I was really frustrating the other day when I was trying to watch something on BBC iPlayer.I couldn't be arsed to restart to fix it.

Just reinstall. Itunes has a config file which is saved after you uninstall, thus when you reinstall all your settings and everything are saved.

Agree it is crappy, but there is nothing better that I have found. The worst thing is bloody duplicates. Why the hell it can't just advise you when you're importing duplicate files I honestly don't know.

Just reinstall. Itunes has a config file which is saved after you uninstall, thus when you reinstall all your settings and everything are saved.

Agree it is crappy, but there is nothing better that I have found. The worst thing is bloody duplicates. Why the hell it can't just advise you when you're importing duplicate files I honestly don't know.

I'm certain there's an option somewhere to prevent it importing duplicate files.

LOL. No chance. That's Ess's propaganda but just because he says it a lot doesn't make it any truer.

I'm sorry but I disagree. I have had nothing but MAC's for the last 6 years and they have all "justed Worked" with no bugs no issues of software upgrades and no faliures.

I do agree however their software for the Windows platform is as buggy as hell and never works like it does on an actual MAC.

I can say however I will be upgrading my IPhone to Os3 as soon as it is available as one of the guys here has been using the beta versiona nd that has been stable for about a month without offical release.

I'm sorry but I disagree. I have had nothing but MAC's for the last 6 years and they have all "justed Worked" with no bugs no issues of software upgrades and no faliures.

I do agree however their software for the Windows platform is as buggy as hell and never works like it does on an actual MAC.

I can say however I will be upgrading my IPhone to Os3 as soon as it is available as one of the guys here has been using the beta versiona nd that has been stable for about a month without offical release.

I can only speak as I find, but I was talking about their software. I've used iPods and the iPhone and apart from the odd restart necessity, they're pretty good. I like my iPhone immensely and I'm looking forward to upgrading but, like I said, it's not going to "just work" as I'll need to make some manual settings changes to ensure I'm not charged for using the 'net. That's aside from potential bugs in the release - although I'm impressed that your mate has run the beta version ok.

Sweepstake on OS v3.1 release date?

It's pretty bad, tbh, I haven't been able to connect for a couple of hours now. I wish I'd stuck to my gut feeling and not updated for a few weeks. You'd have thought they'd have learnt from the last time, last year.

Even with having to re-hit the UPDATE button a few dozen times (at the same time as MILLIONS of people around the World, so understandable) the two iPhones I updated took around 25-30 mins from start to finish. If you want to use a different Sim and therefore have to tinker around with manual settings and wait for text confirmations etc Ponty, then that's your choice; but I don't see how you can blame Apple for that one!

Even with having to re-hit the UPDATE button a few dozen times (at the same time as MILLIONS of people around the World, so understandable) the two iPhones I updated took around 25-30 mins from start to finish. If you want to use a different Sim and therefore have to tinker around with manual settings and wait for text confirmations etc Ponty, then that's your choice; but I don't see how you can blame Apple for that one!

I only blame them for the server problem which kept me plugging and unplugging from about 7.30 till 11.45 last night. Hitting a window of opportunity seems to have been about luck more than judgement, and reading a few Apple blogs, plenty of other people suffered too.

everytime I used to try syncing my new ipod touch, it used to cause my pc to blue screen of death! turns out it was something to do with a driver conflict with my web cam!

In the end, I don't bother updating anymore, unneccesary waste of time, doesn't seem to make the end product better anyway. As long as I can hear the music and it doesn't slow my pc to s**t, i'm happy.

everytime I used to try syncing my new ipod touch, it used to cause my pc to blue screen of death! turns out it was something to do with a driver conflict with my web cam!

Tell me about it... did you actually fix it ?

Tell me about it... did you actually fix it ?

Yeah i did, just deleted the web cam software, which fixed the problem. didn't mind doing so, since I never use the web cam.

Bit ridiculous that to get my ipod to function, it comes at the expense of another bit of hardware/software.

Only found out it was the camera screwing it up through google!