-
Posts
3518 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by iansums
-
Apparently the stabber was from Oman and the stabbee from UAE.
-
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
A very reasoned and articulate post from you Whelk although I am a little disappointed you were unable to slip the word ‘cunt’ in there.🙃 -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
-
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Despite Brexit. -
How dare you talk about me like that 😡
-
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Always good to give someone a chance 🤔 -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Asian markets, falling oil prices and bond yields. I do have to apolgise though as I read your earlier post as suggesting that Burnham's comments on the EU had an impact on share prices, I don't think you did suggest that. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Agree on this. Far better than Starmer in that regard. I admire his commitment to social care although a little wary on having something similar to the NHS. I hope he does well too. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
It is. It opened higher due to other factors, before the growth figures were announced, welcome though they are. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Fair enough, but you think all of these will be resolved by rejoining? We’d go through all the upheaval of negotiating a new deal just like last time. All to rejoin an EU which is not like the one we left. Working with AFD would be fun. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
In terms of GDP, I should have added this. I voted remain, funny how things work out. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Perhaps you should all put me on ignore, although I’m sure Ralph will keep quoting me 😜 -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
FTSE is generally affected more by global stocks and events, to suggest it has risen because of a few vague words about us moving closer to the EU is a little tenuous. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Bad IMO. It’s done, we’re out, let’s get on with it. We are doing better than the three main countries in the EU anyway so I don’t see the benefit in rejoining. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
It was some sort of average income for working age adults, I don’t know the exact details. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
In essence, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to tax the younger generation in order for pensioners to be able to pay for their biscuits, but not necessarily to have a chocolate coating on said biscuit. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Ideally it would be a lot more. It will be £13k next April. The whole idea of the triple lock was to bring it in line with working age incomes which it has now achieved, actually exceeded. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Well I have a (near) vested interest as I retire within 6 years, but I do think it has to go. We need to gradually increase workplace pensions and educate people into saving more. It seems inevitable that at some point it will be means tested. My selfish argument against that is why should someone like myself who has been careful with money and planned for retirement (for much of that time without any employer funding) be punished by removing my state pension. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
iansums replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Yes, good to see it being discussed. I do think that rather than proposing it for their next manifesto, they should act now and change to an inflation link in the forthcoming budget. There are though already dissenting voices in the party and the unions. -
Dark chocolate Hobnobs from the fridge. Not sure what that says politically.
-
I’ve got a question, what sort of Nazi isn’t far right? As for the biscuits, I’m still deliberating on that one.
-
I find it quite alarming the number of questions that go unanswered on this forum.
-
It does seem very odd.
-
Yes, it’s tremendous news that these cunts are UK nationals, but I think the point is that we don’t want any more cunts coming into this country.
-
At least a bit of good news on what is likely to be a shitty day.
