Jump to content

Farmer Saint

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    5514
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Farmer Saint

  1. Comparisons here from a right wing news outlet quoting right wing politicians, and they still say that the BLM protests and anti-immigration riots can't be compared: https://news.sky.com/story/uk-riots-what-does-two-tier-policing-mean-and-does-it-exist-13191977 This is really interesting as well, and outlines why one was seen as protests and one was seen as rioting: https://pure.st-andrews.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/333665058/Drury_2026_JCASP_Understanding-the-2024-summer-riots_CC.pdf
  2. Again, can you post where you got your arrest numbers from as I can't find anything that is even close to your numbers. I'm looking for the immigration protest numbers or are you talking the 2024 riots where nearly 400 police officers were injured?
  3. Some stats @Sir Ralph BLM protests - 210k Immmigrant protests - Difficult, but just one in London was said to have attracted 500k by Together Alliance, so likelihood is this will run well into the millions.
  4. Please post the link as I don't want to be using different stats to you - it just makes sense we work off the same sheet. What alternative measure are you talking about that you've used? Interested as to why you won't get into why you moved abroad and then back.
  5. Academia does tend to be more left-wingers, because left-wingers tend to be more intelligent than right-wingers. That's just a thing, and again, always has been.
  6. Patriot's, the musical: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DdRaRwhO8oC/?stkn=N3JnajgxZ2x1OHhs
  7. Are immigrants a race now?
  8. Quick few from last night: 1. Did you manage to get numbers for those protests as a first step, as otherwise the stats you posted hold absolutely no merit? 2. Can you please post the Home Affair Select Committee link for me to read? 3. I'm interested as to where you emigrated to - where and why did you move? And why did you return?
  9. What an odd question.
  10. I've got 2 degrees TBF, but I'm not sure why I would, it's enabled me to retire at 38 so it's done me pretty well 👍
  11. Do you genuinely feel like that? Hand on heart? Swear on your kids lives etc?
  12. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cq0lr5r46z5jo Danny Thommo turning on the waterworks I see 🤣🤣🤣🤣 He's such a brave, brave patriot.
  13. It depends on if 750 of them had it as a hereditary trait or not. You need numbers of protesters to make anything you have said make sense. Try and get hold of those numbers and we can continue this tomorrow. In addition, can you please post the link to the Home Affairs Committee report as I'd like to read it.
  14. How many protesters Ralph?
  15. Guilty until proven innocent eh? Again, you know that isn't how you debate, the burden of proof is on the person that made the claim.
  16. Why am I wrong? How many were at the protests, as that really matters to the points you're making? If there were 400 at BLM and 1m at the right wing, then obviously that means the arrests were over-zealous on the right side, and vice-versa.
  17. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_anti-immigration_protests_(2025–present) Stats here say 180 people have been arrested out of 150k protesters. Where are your numbers from?
  18. How many people were at the protests? That's a very important parameter you are missing to start with.
  19. I'm perplexed to be honest. I have no idea how he thinks this is the way to debate? It's like he's just gone onto ChatGPT again, put a really simple question in and treated it as fact, without applying how the law actually works.
  20. How are you comparing those? Have you gone through and compared each of the cases to each other? That sounds pretty mental that you are generalising like that. Where are those stats from anyway?
  21. A quick outline for @Sir Ralph. As you can see below, the actually crime punishment, although important, only makes up a proportion of the sentence. Key Principles of Sentencing Retribution: The punishment must fit the crime. The offender pays a fair penalty for the harm they caused. Deterrence (Stopping Future Crimes): General Deterrence: The sentence warns the public so other people do not commit the same crime. Specific Deterrence: The sentence teaches the specific offender a lesson so they do not break the law again. Rehabilitation (Reforming the Offender): The system tries to fix the root cause of the criminal behavior. It uses tools like drug treatment, counseling, or job training. Incapacitation (Protecting the Public): Dangerous people are locked away in prison. This stops them from hurting more people in the community. Restoration (Healing the Harm): The offender must repair the damage done to the victim or the community. Examples include paying money for damage or doing community service. Proportionality (Fairness): The penalty must match how bad the crime was. Small crimes get light punishments. Serious crimes get heavy punishments.
  22. Eh, what statistics? What is the difference between the Palestine protesters and the balaclava men? Because one lot were arrested and thrown in a police van, and the others weren't. I'll give you a clue as to who were the ones arrested (clue: it was the lefties).
  23. I would have thought that's called "Two tier sentencing" is it not? Do you think the grannies being arrested for peacefully protesting about Palestine are treated worse than those in balaclavas?
  24. Well, it's been this way for 500 years, and it's not changed yet...you always sentence with context.
×
×
  • Create New...