Sir Ralph
Subscribed Users-
Posts
2077 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Sir Ralph
-
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Fair enough that’s a pretty balanced response. My view is simply that government has become too interventionist and we have created too much reliance on the state, hence increased state spending and taxes, etc. that doesn’t mean that I think every single person on benefits is a scrounger or lazy or that people shouldn’t be helped when they genuinely need it. I just think the better long term answer is lower taxes rewarding work and risk and making it easier for businesses to invest and grow. That creates jobs and opportunities and ultimately a more aspirational society rather than continually increasing redistribution -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
I understand global shocks impact economies but it’s not that simple either. Government economic policies play a role, including government spending on welfare, and if the policies dont play a role why have economic policies! I don’t expect to keep everything - I expect a system that rewards hard work and risk and doesn’t encourage or reward people not to. If you’re employed 9-5pm and do that don’t expect to earn the big bucks and then moan about it and say others should be taxed more. I expect value for money for the tax being paid not for it to be pissed away on employing more and more bureaucrats who make business harder. Again you are looking at things too simplistically. People that earn a lot more typically work a lot harder, have more stress and significantly more responsibility and take significantly more risks to make that money originally and continue to make it, including putting personal guarantees in place to start businesses and secure investment etc. I have no problem with people making 20 times the money if they are worth it, continue to grow and business and keep people in jobs (I previously said I support increased pay for good senior people in the public sector). Again easy to look at a figure and say it’s unfair but that is a failure to understand the context and that the country needs to reward such people. If you want to apply that logic why should an officer worker get paid 4-5 times that of a cleaner in that office. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Yes big commercial buildings have been doing well for a number of years, including logistics sites, due to a lack of them rather than the success of economic policy but they have mainly been left to get on with it. Most other people aren’t as optimistic based on the direction of travel. Unlike residential co living student and hotel simple box commercial buildings haven’t been hammered by various taxes and charges which are increasingly scaring of investors. It sort of makes my point, the less government intervention / tax / bureaucracy the market system actually works well. Tamper and fiddle too much and it doesn’t -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
I keep landing on bloody super tax! -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
I believe you have entrenched views also. I i would be interested to know what these people are involved in as they would certainly be bucking the trend compared to lots of the people I work with who are pretty unanimous in terms of their view. What types of properties / land do they own? Do they rent their portfolio to local authorities? -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Great response. These tend to be successful and experienced business owners within property and land, albeit with diversification / investment into other areas. Some of the responses from you and your friends are frankly immature and embarrassing. You can’t debate things and just come up with slurs again and again. -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
I don’t want him to fail but ann approach of tax and spend is flawed. Starmer did the same and numerous people said that it wasn’t sustainable and guess what….the Tories could have turned the tide and didn’t If he is a serious politician (I agree that barely any are) he will take a proportionate approach to taxing and spending. I think people are concerned that this won’t be the case but the budget will clarify that -
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Sir Ralph replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Funnily enough pretty much everyone I speak to in business says something similar. People are fed up with their hard earned business revenue being increasingly taxed, in various ways, and it going on the gravy train -
They profess to understand economics too. Anyway they probably won’t respond as their leader / dad has told them to ignore us both. 😉
-
Another great response. You lefties really can’t engage in any sensible conversation. Can you manage to engage with the point I made?
-
So if I’m Spanish and renting and can’t afford my rent what am I going to do next? The lefty government will try to introduce something similar to rent caps (I suspect, something that comrade khan wanted to introduce) which means people stop investing in rental properties which impacts the economy with less job generation and tax revenue and fewer rental properties, hurting the people the government were try to help. But hey nobody said socialism understands the real world.
-
-
The latest offer by the landlord was below market rent, as evidenced in various publications. Not made up
-
That really got to the heart of the question. Funny how the “centrists” always throw the insults
-
I feel sorry for her circumstance but this is the situation in large parts of Europe. If anything you could say the landlord has been allowing her to live at a substantially discounted rent for a long period. This is an issue of a lack of housing supply generally, rather than the landlord
-
So if some of the poster on here had a house with a monthly mortgage of £2000 a month they are saying that they wouldn’t ask the incumbent tenant for a market level rent and when they couldn’t pay it they would suck up the £1500 shortfall each month. Doesn’t Spain have affordable housing for this type of situation? What should happen is all landlords in Spain should only charge what the tenant can pay. They will all sell up and there will be no rental properties available for those who rely on rental properties to live in them.
-
What the landlord should have done is accept a much lower rent below market value and accepted the shortfall on the mortgage and cross subsidised the loss themselves. I’m sure all the critics would have done the same!😂
-
I quoted the name of the report yesterday and stats the day before. Stick to the lighter conversation about hula hoops.
-
You’re very rude. I don’t think some of us are going to agree as it’s got personal. Best to stick to the hula hoop chat
-
Not really I gave you the stats and the report name you can do the rest if you want to. Shame if you can’t. You and egg giving me a chance. What a privilege! It’s as if you think I need to earn your respect - the perception of self importance is interesting .
-
Absolute rubbish you haven’t answered any questions I asked. You didn’t even answer my latest question. There is no point engaging with you. You run off when you are asked anything.
-
https://www.google.com/
-
I can’t remember which bit I edited - I was probably trying to ensure accuracy. I’m not a reform supporter as such Iprobably more of a conservative. Eveb if I did vote for them doesn’t mean I agree with every policy. ILR shouldn’t be cancelled in cases such as your wife on the assumption she has contributed to British society through working and taxes and isn’t a criminal (I’m not making a disparaging comment I’m just stating some criteria which could void ILR)
-
Here he is “mr I can’t answer any questions” - do you have the 5 replies to my questions. Where did I ever call him out for not sharing links? Question 6 I’ve given him the name of the report and there is only one government report with that name. He wants me to be his secretary. I’m not stupid I know how his weird mind works it’s a sad attempt at a power play, which I won’t enter into. Come back when you have the answers rather than hiding behind your friends
-
There are figures for the blm protests but nothing accurate about the illegal migrant protests. Those figures are complete hearsay and “running into the millions” is pure speculation. If I presented that you would laugh me out the room. There were over 13 times more arrests at the illegal migrant protests than blm so you would need to find a stat which supports an incredibly high number of attendees at the illegal migrant protests to bring the arrest levels on par
