Jump to content

Fitzhugh Fella

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    6456
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fitzhugh Fella

  1. Yes you are quite right - my defence is I am nervous right now and not thinking clearly. Hopefully that will be put right in 24 hours
  2. El Khalej actually
  3. I would disagree Steve that when NP took over we were "comfortably" mid-table - far from it in fact, we were on a slippery slope big time (remember the debacle in the Cup at Rovers) and although Crouch had lined Tony Pulis to come in the summer (behind Stoke's back) he suddenly realised he couldn't wait and appointed Pearson. Pearson did well to steer the drifting and listing ship away from the rocks, albeit by a whisker.
  4. Just back from my local bookies in Chandlers Ford where I picked up £26 winnings courtesy of having twenty on West Ham to beat Leicester at 13/10. The bloke behind the counter said he had never paid out to so many unhappy winners, so I guess I am not alone in trying to offset the misery. Anyway seeing as I was in the Waitrose car park I spent my dirty, shameful ill-gotten gain on a litre bottle of Gordons gin which come Saturday will either be drunk in celebration or used to blot out the despair. The last three weeks have been pure agony - surely we can't mess this up? That gin might not make it until Saturday.
  5. Had £20 on 13/10 - be delighted to lose
  6. I was so happy Tuesday night and confident but as Saturday approaches it starts to drain and the nerves start again. If we win I will obey your order. Duncan
  7. He might yet have a part to play this season and he was given a 3-year extension to his contract this season so he may well be around for a while yet. A useful man to have on the bench IMO (especially over the next 10 days).
  8. What fat Sam says and what he really thinks are not necessarily in tandem with each other
  9. I am still so nervous, I need to man up
  10. If tonight Saints were 5 points behind the 2nd placed team with 2 games to go would you want your best players to bust their gut to try and overcome an unlikely scenario or would you prefer Saints to gather their wounded and concentrate on the play-offs? In other words if you were Big Sam where would you now place your priorities?
  11. Cast your mind back to 1978 when Saints and Spurs allegedly colluded to achieve a 0-0 draw which meant both sides automatically went up and depriving (on goal difference) guess who. Yep you've guessed it Brighton. I remember it well and there were allegations from B and HA fans that we had deliberately not gone for a win. I saw the game and it was a strange affair because we could have won the title with a victory and yet apart from a Tony Funnell shot which hit a post, we did not look interested. Pay back time?
  12. Pretty much sums it up perfectly although I think you are too kind to SDR. He may catch the eye but his end product is pretty ineffectual - he seems unable to run ahnd look up at the same time.
  13. Chant of the day yesterday? "You're Pompey 'till July, You're Pompey 'till July"!
  14. If their goalkeeper had been playing for us and ours for them we would have won.
  15. Last year when we were at Plymouth I spent the afternoon on a long walk - just couldn't handle the pressure.
  16. Pace and width non existant. it is a simple game.
  17. Do your talking on the pitch Billy - thats my advice
  18. I think those "bitter" people have moved on, especially as they are fans and must be pleased with the club's progress. No I think this is a destabilisation story emanating from London journos. If the Liebherr family sell it will be to Nicola Cortese.
  19. Good point Wade
  20. No Falque signed permanently for Spurs and that same day he signed on loan for us.
  21. Still early days for me; long way to go and all that. I would advise suitable caution/hubris/magnaminity etc etc etc
  22. I am a bit concerned this thread has slumped to 7th position in the Lounge (ie just in a play-off spot) we need some more bad news from down the road to kick start the season.
  23. I gather work on redeveloping Staplewood has started in earnest with the contractors being the same company who oversaw the development of Chelsea's state of the art facility at Cobham. Apparently the spec for Staplewood is even greater than what was built for Chelsea which suggests Nicola Cortese is here for the duration and is prepared to make a significant investment off the pitch. Good News!
×
×
  • Create New...