Jump to content

Fitzhugh Fella

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    6456
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fitzhugh Fella

  1. Threads like this are just an utter waste of time
  2. To be honest he is just waffling - we were poor and he has to take some of the blame for sending out a team who were utterly clueless.
  3. So does this mean we are staying up?
  4. That's a heavy question, I might come back to it in the morning. As for the moment I am finally - after Villa's loss - accepting we are safe. But..................... As this is your second thread on ownership in the last 24 hours and I know who you are I am sensing you have some info we could all be interested in?
  5. With reagard to Q5 I would say Redknapp was pulling his strings big time! As for WBA my opinion is it is now very well run and apart from the Odemwingie shambles you keep a nice low profile preferring to under promise and over achieve. Feel your season ran out of steam though once you had enough points - can't say I can blame you for that although next season expectations will raise.
  6. Certainly is a good time to sell but who would buy......?
  7. Who was that? Ray Hiron, George Ley, Albert McCann, Ray Pointer - yes I used to go to Farton park occasionally those days
  8. There is an uncomfortable nos of posters on this thread who have "skate mates". Just sayin'
  9. We have finally completed the circle - unlike the PST!
  10. Indeed, and a lot of the parties involved have gone very quiet - I am thinking something doesn't add up and there is a growing sound of dropping pennies on Portsea Island.
  11. you forget just how good with the passing of the years
  12. Yep keep it up you never know what lies in the future
  13. Rupert only owned 10% sure enough but he had the support of all the big institutions who held shares in us. As for Pompey the fans own a minority of the shares compared to the property developers - it is only a matter of time before their world disintegrates in rancour, it is inevitable.
  14. That is an ignorant statement. Billy Bragg has been very respectful since her death. If you ever met him Nick I think you would be very impressed with his genuine desire to promote humanity.
  15. Like she respected the fans that died at Hillsborough you mean?
  16. So we are 66/1 to get relegated - and yesterday a horse won the GN on those same odds. I'll wait a while before celebrating
  17. Club worth considerably more than it was when he took charge, so the answer has got to be yes, let's hope the upward spiral continues.
  18. threads like this just tempt fate, would have best kept for the close season IMO
  19. Andy Carroll = big Jessie
  20. don't even go there, thereby lies a tale
  21. Let's just concentrate on staying up first
  22. I understand all the answers to my point but do maintain it is a bit rough if Adkins got players foisted on him against his wishes, and say those players don't meet standards (Mayuka perhaps), then it is he who gets the bullet. I am not saying his sacking was wrong, just a manager surely needs to have the uppermost say on who we are to sign as long as the finances meet the approval and sanction of the Chairman. Otherwise it's like telling an artist to paint with some elses brushes or a F1 driver to drive someone elses car. Having said that I do think Adkins made a monumental error approaching the Premiership with just Gazza and Davis as our keepers. For that alone - if it was his decision - he deserved to be replaced.
  23. A good read but it leaves one question in my mind. If the manager has little say about what players the club buys why should he be the one sacked when things go pear shaped?
×
×
  • Create New...