Jump to content

SNOWY

Members
  • Posts

    521
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SNOWY

  1. Saw an interview with Nigel Clough earlier this week & he thought the same. He thinks that up to 15 teams could be in the promotion mix this season & highlighted how strong us & Brighton will be.
  2. I remember Nicky Banger scored a hatrick in the league cup (Rochdale?) hardly played again.
  3. Sheffield Wednesday in a FA Cup quarter final replay, 83? I think we won 5-2, we already knew that we would be playing Everton at Highbury if we won. We went behind & came back to totally outclass them. The atmosphere was fantastic. "If your'e all going to Highbury clap your hands"
  4. Thanks Nick. So he basically has two seasons left. It will be a really tough call for the club. stick or twist? I've a feeling the club are waiting for a transfer request. It would probably cost him a cut of the transfer fee, so allowing the club to make more. It would also take the decision out of the clubs hands in the supporters eyes.
  5. Does anyone know what AOC's contract situation is? I think this will be the determining factor as to if he stays or goes. If we are serious about keeping him we should be negotiating a long term (5 year) contract with him. We can't expect him to stay here on less money than he can get elsewhere. I suspect he (his advisors) will not be interested in that. What we don't want is him leaving at the end of his contract for a development fee. If he has two years left on his current deal we have until Christmas to have it extended or we will have to let him go.
  6. Is the "Young Lady" pictured with Jack Cork famous?
  7. A brief match report on the FA site. No mention of AOC. http://www.thefa.com/England/mens-u19s/News/Match%20Centre/england-montenegro/310511
  8. Assuming Gobern & Connolly sign we do not lack numbers. So this summer I feel the emphasis will be on bringing in "quality" I'd be suprised if we signed more than 3 players on permanent deals. We will be better placed as a championship club to attract better quality loanees.
  9. I heard that some of our players were spotted in town last night. Totally unprofessional, clearly the manager has lost the dressing room, Adkins out!
  10. New kit to be worn for wallsall?
  11. Someone told me (probably a p1ss take) that the club/players receive a trophy & medals for being runners up? any truth in this?
  12. I'd imagine that this winters weather was taken into consideration. We had it bad by our standards but nothing compared to Carlisle.
  13. SNOWY

    RIP Jack White

    RIP Jack.
  14. All them Millwall fans with their half Millwall, half Rangers woolie hats. Anyone still got a Saints/Rangers hat?
  15. I'd be happy to contribute. I like Forever a Saint as well.
  16. We have a winner! All three are excellent. I think they would mange to keep the boring old traditionalists (like me) happy but also appeal to the modern thinkers.
  17. I'm amazed they didn't take the oppertunity to "cash in" Must have plenty of money.
  18. Congratulations to Brighton.The transformation from last season is incredible. Next season they'll not have the advantage of playing at a ground than everybody hates visiting. Moving into a new stadium can be a disadvantage initially (as we found) I'm looking forward to going there though.
  19. Thanks .com saint. I'm convinced that Peterborough are our main threat but they wont win all of them. 10 points should do it for us.
  20. Can't find it on amazon, Sc*nthorpe club shop maybe?
  21. SNOWY

    Tiff needell

    Season ticket holder I believe.
  22. I remember that night. Great atmosphere. Do you remember the Hucker is a fooker chants at their keeper (peter hucker)
×
×
  • Create New...