The Football League Show

RedAndWhite91

From Nottm Forest's OS:

"BBC Sport have announced plans for a brand new Saturday night highlights programme called 'The Football League Show', which will follow 'Match of the Day' and showcase all the goals from the Coca-Cola Championship, League 1 and League 2.

Presented by Manish Bhasin, The Football League Show will begin on Saturday 8th August at 11.10pm on BBC1."

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~1735841,00.html

Good news for those of you who can't attend games and want to see the goals, it has to be better than ITV's The Championship, which was just plain rubbish.

From Nottm Forest's OS:

"BBC Sport have announced plans for a brand new Saturday night highlights programme called 'The Football League Show', which will showcase all the goals from the League 1

Will not include us if we do not get any new strikers:grin:

I think anything can be better than the 'Championship' tbh.

I hated 'The Championship' because of Matt Smith's presentation. His softly spoken introductions, little winks and lengthy dramatic pauses made it feel like he was continually trying to flirt with me. Nobody needs that.

Though, on reflection, I also hated it because it was a bag of shxt.

I hated 'The Championship' because of Matt Smith's presentation. His softly spoken introductions, little winks and lengthy dramatic pauses made it feel like he was continually trying to flirt with me. Nobody needs that.

Me and my Dad used to find it funny (and for me, well annoying) how Saints would get a 20 second slot at the end, it would show the goals, and the commentator would explain the goal before the ball crossed the line. Bastards.

Yeah but whilst waiting for the final 10 minutes of the championship you did get an 8 minute advert for champions league football, motor racing and every other bloody sport going, only allowing enough time to show one of the three goals your side scored the previous day due to time contraints on goals from yesterdays game.

Yeah but whilst waiting for the final 10 minutes of the championship you did get an 8 minute advert for champions league football, motor racing and every other bloody sport going, only allowing enough time to show one of the three goals your side scored the previous day due to time contraints on goals from yesterdays game.

Not Saints then! :rolleyes:

Sounds exactly like a poor mans MOTD to be honest.

Were you expecting the coverage of football league highlights to be part of some musical variety revue format? Or maybe with a quiz show element fronted by that cheeky Graham Norton.